Monday, April 8, 2013
For The Better
I found this photo in spiritualinspiration.tumblr.com whom I follow. I wanted to share it because I can relate to it.
For a girl, it wasn't too easy to admit this, but growing up, I was really exposed to the "material world" wherein it was really difficult to say no to temptation. I learned smoking and drinking very young(one of my vices), now quitting wasn't easy, it was not even an option to me before.
Here comes asking God to lead the way for me, things changed bit by bit. Starting over was REALLY hard! Even now, I'm still having a lot of struggles, however, in times of adversity, it became like a reflex to turn to God right away. Anyway, going back, I decided to quit smoking last September. It was so difficult in the beginning because I was really craving for it. It was a routine for me to smoke during my breaks and after lunch, it was also what I do when I'm stressed out, but it did not give me the satisfaction of making myself feel entirely better. Also with drinking, when I was going through a heartbreak, that was the best solution for me, I go home late at night, drunk, feeling emptier than ever, the next day, go through the same thing. Those became a habit that I didn't realize was trying to kill me inside one day at a time.
Aside from my jump-start on quitting those vices, the best solution I had in mind is to rid myself from hanging out with my "drinking buddies". You become the people you surround yourself with, so that time, I was only hanging out with a few friends at work, who only wants to dine out or go to coffee shops to hang out, well more like my thing because I love conversing and drink coffee/milk tea/tea. Lol! And of course, most of them are goal oriented, kind and just amazing people.
I was not able to see the gravity of the situation before, all I knew was those were the darkest days of my life because everything was vague, all for temporary happiness. But nothing beats wanting to change your life for the better and having God take control of your life. Before, those were the things I want to do, but now, I do things to please God, and no one else.
Dealing with the past is something that is a challenge for me, but this is the way to face my future without turning back. I'll be writing more about that soon.
-----
It's weird, because I've been getting these inspiration on just expressing my feelings, writing and just sharing parts of me to everyone. Whoever reads this, I hope that my experiences and the things I learned out of those situations will also help you, it may not be in the same scenario, but in any aspect of your life.
I'm sharing my experiences so you all will see how I was able to overcome it, with the help of the Lord and His grace and mercy. :) I want everyone to know that I could not do this alone, I have God by my side, and he did not leave me nor forsake me.
Follow me on Tumblr: nicoleaquino.tumblr.com :)
Goodnight!
x
PS:
I just want to share this video on Youtube that I can't seem to post here, so here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dPmxXTfWOvg
It's called, Bible Theater: 1 Corinthians - Running to Win the Prize. :)
-Exactly the message that I needed to hear tonight. Thank you Lord! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment