Thursday, April 4, 2013

Devotional

Thursday, April 4th
4:04AM

For the past few days, I've been starting my day my way. But I noticed that I was always in a bad mood, easily irritated, you name it. I hated the fact that I couldn't control my emotions, it was so fickle, it switches in a snap.

I can feel that the enemy is attacking me using the circumstances that I'm facing. It started last week, during the Holy week. I was not in the mood to talk to anyone, I was always dealing with something that irritated me the most (like having my allergy for weeks and spraining my left wrist to name a few). Everyone annoyed me, especially when I was in pain. There were struggles, here and there, I can't specify everything, but I was pressured and in pain. So I snapped.

One thing saved me, even though I was feeling that way, I'm so thankful that the Holy Spirit nudged me to go to God. Every time I felt annoyed or in pain, I prayed. But I'm still being attacked by the enemy, and you know what, I got this message come Monday on my Facebook app for God's daily message, it said that I should start my day with God. So when I woke up technically yesterday morning (since it's already the 4th), I was supposedly going to do what I normally do, but I saw my prayer book and I prayed. After I prayed, I checked my devotionals on Youversion...I follow Rick Warren's Daily Devotional and Joyce Meyer: Promises for Your Everyday Life (which was the perfect combination because with Rick Warren's devotional, it speaks to our generation and Joyce Meyer's devotional is for women). I decided to catch up starting April 1st.

The message on my devotionals truly touched my heart. Talked about God knows my frustrations, stress, and the future. There's also one on fear. It's basically just perfect for the day it was for, I realized that if I read this topic last Monday or Tuesday, those days would've been different. After I read the devotionals, I prayed. I talked to God, thanked Him, asked for forgiveness, cast all my worries and care upon Him. I prayed for my new job that will start in 18 days. I prayed for my goal board. I prayed for all my heart's desires. When I prayed, my tears just kept flowing, I felt His presence as I talk to Him, and the Holy Spirit.

Right after my prayer, I felt absolutely amazing. And you know what, I want to feel this great everyday.

When God touches your heart, you can never go back. You'll want more and right now, I want to learn more about God, I seek for Him. The day went great, God kept on talking to me in His way. I was able to finish The Bible series (which made me cry like a baby when Jesus was crucified).

Anyway, I feel chatty than usual today, my apologies. Here were some of the messages on my devotional (not in order):










Feels great to share this. I'll sleep in a while. Good morning!

x

No comments: