Today, I've been reflecting on what needs improvement in me and my life in general. There were some things that I couldn't control. I mean, I do realize my faults and all, but I need to follow through, I need to have a strong conviction on what I need to, well, not really change, but let me just put it this way, I need to turn my weaknesses into strengths.
On the days that I feel like I'm ready for everything, comes a setback (unfortunate events, you name it). I know I'm being tested, but it gets frustrating sometimes. And I'm just thankful that more often, I have God and He also uses my sister to talk to me, but it's not going to be that way forever, especially now that she's married, her priorities change. I figured that I need to step up and make my relationship with God stronger than ever because He is all I have when I come to think of it (aside from my family).
Despite all my rants, or the over-thinking going on, I feel so inspired. I realized that it's always easy to say that I want to make things happen in my life, but it's much better to act on it and make things happen. I really feel like this will be the year that things will start happening for me.
So, as I'm turning 25 in September 29, I really don't want to go through a quarter life crisis, and that's not even an option. I had some things listed out that some I was able to start, like:
Learn French, Spanish or any other language aside from Tagalog and English.
-I've been into this since I was in college, and it's about time that I learn both languages that I've been dying to learn since I was 14. I know a little Mandarin because I studied it in high school, but that's all forgotten now. And I always see myself settling down in Spain (so now, I'm wondering why I'm practicing French basics first), unfortunately, coming from a family that has a Spanish bloodline, I didn't learn to speak the language. :( I'm always asking my Grandma and Mom to teach me, but their Spanish is rusty so they just gave me tips like, if I want to learn, I should start by learning a Spanish song, and that would be a good start. Hmm, good one (light-bulb moment). Ha ha :) Well, one more thing why I want to learn both languages is because I want to travel (given that I'm able to save money for my trips to those places), and I want to be able to experience the place the way I always dreamt to, conversing to people on their own language, etc.
Learn how to drive.
-Okay, this is really funny because I tried to drive once and it scared the heck out of me. But, one failure doesn't mean I'll quit. ;)
Healthy lifestyle not just physically but emotionally and spiritually.
-This one is the most important, because not being healthy stops me from doing the things I want, like surfing, etc. So working out is a must, watching what I eat, etc.
Emotionally and spiritually, I figured that the way to do it is working on myself and surrounding myself with people who also has goals and have the same outlook in life, people who will also inspire me.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but good thing I'm still single, because I'll get to completely work on myself while I'm waiting for God's best. :)
Anyway, I have more in mind, but I don't want to write it down. I'm also having a hard time staring at the screen because I have a massive headache. :(
For anyone who gets to read this, sorry if I may seem self centered and keep on writing about myself. See, this is my outlet, so I'm better in expressing my feelings when I write it rather than talk about it. Oh I'm so chatty since yesterday.
I'll try to sleep early because it's going to be a busy Friday for me tomorrow. :) Oh goodie!
Good night loves!
x
No comments:
Post a Comment